Associate Vice President of College Marketing
Lake Forest College, a small, private, liberal arts institution located just 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks an Associate Vice President of College Marketing to creatively, resourcefully, and collaboratively lead our marketing and communication office. Distinguishing characteristics about our community include strong academic programs, exceptional faculty, a talented and diverse student body, a productive focus on careers and outcomes, and varied experiential opportunities giving our students a competitive edge.
We are seeking an innovative marketer with a strong communications background who has the ability to advance our brand and build greater awareness of the value of a Lake Forest College education. The Associate Vice President will possess excellent motivational, supervisory, and communication skills. The successful candidate will be curious, innovative, strategic, ready for change, able to build bridges and work across departmental lines, and most importantly will have a passion for advancing our College’s mission.
Core Competencies and Duties
- Create effective internal and external strategies to enhance the College’s recognition regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of marketing best practices, segmentation principles, and data analysis.
- Develop and manage a robust, data-driven, and innovative digital marketing strategy for the institution and departments on campus.
- Create and execute integrated marketing and communication plans to effectively engage with constituents.
- Oversee brand execution through all major print and electronic communication channels to include brochures and viewbooks, our website, videos, and social media.
- Serve as the public relations and communications counselor to the President and senior leadership team.
- Manage media and press relationships to further promote campus stories and events.
- Demonstrate experience in managing crisis communications.
- Implement fiscally responsible strategies for advancing our brand and mission of the College.
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree preferred
- 7-10 years of marketing and communications experience. Experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience creating and evaluating digital marketing strategies.
- Strong staff development and team building experience.
For additional information on the College and this opportunity, visit www.lakeforest.edu/offices/communications/avp.php.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Jackie Hoefler, Senior Director of Admissions, at [email protected]. For full consideration, submit materials by May 9.