Director, International Programs
The College of St. Scholastica is seeking a Director of International Programs to manage the daily program operations in order to comply with immigration regulations and to meet the needs of international students.
- Ensure compliance with immigration regulations as they pertain to F-1 students, so the College maintains a valid program.
- Assist and support international students and their dependents to affect successful adjustment and retention in college.
- Advocate for international students to ensure campus policies and processes reflect their needs.
- Implement social and informational programming to serve international students and the campus community.
- Contribute to an educational and work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
- Evaluate St. Scholastica’s international program to meet the College strategic plan and to comply with government requirements.
- Oversee education of St. Scholastica community regarding relevant issues in serving international students.
- Manage the Office of International Programs.
Education and Experience:
Master’s degree in International Studies, Student Personnel or related fields and three to four years experience managing an international program in a collegiate setting; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Specialized knowledge of USCIS laws, rules and regulations as they pertain to F-1 students
- Must be eligible to become a PDSO
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and students
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse student populations
- Experience managing and operating SEVIS
- Flexible work and time management skills.
- Advanced human relations, computer, written and oral skills
- Ability to present workshops on international student programs
- Ability to travel
- Understanding and experience with Study Abroad
The College of St. Scholastica is a vibrant, growing independent private college with its main campus overlooking Lake Superior in Duluth, Minnesota and extended campuses throughout Minnesota. Since 1912, The College of St. Scholastica (CSS) has been preparing students for a life of purpose and meaningful work by emphasizing the Catholic Benedictine values upon which it was founded.
The College serves an enrollment of more than 4,300 students in undergraduate and graduate degree programs throughout six schools— nursing, arts & letters, business and technology, education, health sciences, and sciences. U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks CSS among the best colleges and universities in the region for academic excellence and Money Magazine has cited the College in the top third of all four-year colleges in the country based on graduation rates, educational quality, affordability, and alumni earnings.
For more information and to apply, visit www.csshrjobs.com. The College of St. Scholastica is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an educational and work environment that is rich in diversity, inclusive and supportive of all students, faculty and staff. Individuals from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. While there is no religious requirement, we are interested in individuals who value and support the rich Catholic Benedictine heritage of the College of St. Scholastica.