Floor Tech (1Shift)
Requisition Number S1497
Position Number 3506
Position Classification Title Building & Environmental Tech
Functional Title Floor Tech (1Shift)
Position Type Staff
This position is mainly responsible for completing floor care projects on campus. This position completes general and detail cleaning in academic, administrative, and performance buildings on campus. This position also provides good customer service and completes special projects such as furniture and supply moves. Supervisor may assign other job-related duties not specifically listed under essential tasks.
This position is a mandatory position as defined in the Adverse Weather and Emergency Event Policy.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance - NC State Health Plan (NC Smart Choice)
- Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSAs and more (NC Flex)
- Retirement (Teachers' and State Employees' Retirement System and Optional Retirement Program)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation, Sick, Community Service, FMLA leave
- Longevity pay
- Eligible to become a member of the State Employees Credit Union
- Employee Award Programs
- Employee Wellness Resources
- and more
Some knowledge of cleaning procedures, ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work; an equivalent combination of training and experience. Special certification may be required for some of these positions. Special note: this is a generalized representation of positions in this class and is not intended to identify essential functions per ADA. Examples of competencies are typical of the majority of positions, but may not be applicable to all functions.
A valid driver's license
High School Diploma or GED
One (1) to two (2) years experience in the use and care of floor maintenance equipment
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $25,709 - $28,566
Org #-Department Housekeeping - 56408
Work Hours of Position 5:00 A.M. - 1:30 P.M. (Monday - Friday)
Job Family Building Environmental Services
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 04/10/2018
Close Date 04/23/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 53
Number of Months per Year 12
- List of References
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have some knowledge of cleaning procedures and the ability to follow instructions and to perform medium to heavy physical work?
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Greensboro News & Record
- Carolina Peacemaker
- Other Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other Professional Journal
- UNC System Job Board
- Other Online Job Board
- Personal Networking
- * If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu