Director - Illinois Business Consulting/Illinois Consulting Academy
DIRECTOR, Illinois Business Consulting/Illinois Consulting Academy
Gies College of Business
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Management of all aspects and operations of a student consulting organization, including finances, personnel, students, and clients. Responsible for sourcing fee-based consulting projects and offering applied management experience for students at the University of Illinois.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide an environment for students to successfully provide fee-for-service consulting projects and develop professionally and personally
- Create, develop, and maintain excellent relations with clients (corporate, not-for-profit, start-up, campus entities, faculty members, and community organizations) who provide projects and funding
- Oversee and manage Student Directors, the Student Leadership Team, and all projects
- Coach, mentor, and train the 250 student members of IBC & the ICA student leadership team
- Manage annual budget for IBC and ICA
- Hire, train, supervise, and evaluate the unit professional, civil service and hourly staff
- Manage relationship and projects with IBC's Advisory Board
- Oversee and provide leadership for the Illinois Consulting Academy including selling corporate sponsorships, mentoring student leaders, and administrative duties
- Coordinate corporate sponsorship for the Illinois Consulting Academy/BADM 359 class including communication with sponsor firms, advising of course assistants, and collaboration with faculty leads
- Collaborate and coordinate with the Action Learning Director and other units within the Gies College of Business
- Act as point of contact and liaison with various university units and departments
- Night and weekend obligations as well as occasional domestic and international travel
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
Required: Bachelor's degree
Preferred: MBA or other relevant master's degree
Required: At least ten years of work experience in consulting industry and/or in a corporate environment. Demonstrated project management and business development is essential.
Preferred: Hands-on business consulting experience highly preferred. Previous experience and familiarity with student consulting highly desired.
Required: Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, energy and enthusiasm for working with students, a desire to collaborate and partner, and an ability to relate with corporate executives and entrepreneurs.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This is a full-time (100%), 12-month academic professional position that reports to the Associate Dean for Strategic Innovation. The position is available as soon as possible after the closing date.
For full consideration, all applicants must create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references by May 1, 2018. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, email email@example.com.
The University of Illinois Gies College of Business conducts criminal background checks and will request academic transcripts from all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Business
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Director - Illinois Business Consulting/Illinois Consulting Academy
Open Date: 04/10/2018
Close Date: 05/01/2018
Organization Name: Illinois Business Consulting