Coordinator of Communications - Coordinated Science Laboratory
Coordinator of Communications
Coordinated Science Laboratory
College of Engineering
The Coordinated Science Laboratory in the College of Engineering seeks applicants for a Coordinator of Communications. With a rich history of more than 65 years of innovation, CSL has developed and deployed new technologies that have achieved international scientific recognition and transformed society. Led by a faculty of world-renowned experts and researchers, CSL uses the innovations to explore critical issues in the Internet of Things, health IT, cyber trust, and intelligent robotics. The Coordinator of Communications works with the Director of Communications in producing inspiring content that drives engagement among our audience of alumni, donors, and friends, as well as providing input on strategy development. This position is located on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using independent judgment and discretion, work with the Director of Communications in writing and developing content for press releases, newsletters, the annual report, web sites, digital signage, etc., and assist with social media.
- Interact with faculty and students to write about and promote research activities and other noteworthy accomplishments through various media channels.
- Collaborate with marketing team to manage brand standards and marketing plan implementation to effectively promote CSL and its institutes.
- Represent CSL on College and campus committees when needed. Coordinate event planning and other communications-related activities by creating print invitations, sending out invitations, working registration desk, creating presentations, locating needed technologies for presentations, and taking photographs of the event.
- Drive the execution of promotional programs, image, and materials and help drive, develop and oversee production and distribution of publications, press releases, and website content.
- Assist with occasional design requests for digital signs, flyers, etc.
- Assist in developing materials about our research for industrial, academic and government partners by designing the layout of communications chose medium to be used, and how the media should be distributed via website or print.
- Assume additional appropriate related duties to further the mission of the laboratory.
Required Experience and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, advertising or related field.
- Two years of experience writing articles and content for a website or printed publication.
- Outstanding organizational skills, outstanding oral and written communications skills, and the ability to work independently.
- Experience with website content management systems like WordPress or Drupal, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, marketing/journalism communication and publicity, and event planning is highly desirable.
- Experience with graphic design and basic programming is also desirable.
To receive full consideration, applications must be received by May 8, 2018. Interviews may be conducted before the closing date, although no hiring decisions will be made until after the search has closed. This position is fulltime, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your (a) cover letter, (b) resume, and (c) the names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references by the close date. All requested information must be submitted for your application to be given full consideration. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Amy Gilbert at [email protected] or 217-244-1802.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
Illinois is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. Illinois welcomes individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity (www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu).
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Coordinator of Communications - Coordinated Science Laboratory
Open Date: 04/10/2018
Close Date: 05/08/2018
Organization Name: Coordinated Science Lab