Shuttle Driver II
Shuttle Driver II
Position Number: 53073892
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 03/02/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Shuttle Driver. The Shuttle Driver will perform the duties of a shuttle bus driver for the University of North Georgia. Drive students, faculty and staff in a safe and effective manner to on and off campus sites, special events and or athletics events. Provide courteous and friendly service to customers. Periodic weekend trips to transport UNG to in-state and out-of-state venues.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Shuttle Driver will:
- Drive shuttle bus to transport students from loading site(s) off main campus to designated locations on/off campus. After hours and weekend may be required to transport students and or faculty & staff to off campus events or locations. May be ask to assist Parking for events.
- Make sure all safety rules and regulations for transporting passengers are adhered to at all times during transportation. Will report directly to the Transportation Supervisor
- Ensure vehicles are clean and in good working condition before transporting passengers. Conduct vehicle inspections each day and notify supervisor of any issues or concerns
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have good communication skills.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires three (3) years of related experience; or equivalent of education and experience
- CDL Class B with P Endorsement License
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A successful background check is required.
- Must provide courteous and friendly service to customers.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check, this position requires a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.