Technical Support Specialist
Job Description Summary
User Services provides a central source of support for all Saint Leo University customers and users of information technology resources. User Services is staffed by Technology Support Specialists who provide the first line of technical assistance to our customers. The Technology Support Specialist requires a strong knowledge of incident and request management, software installation, remote and desk-side support and processes related to intake, escalation, documentation, root cause and closure of incidents/requests.
Duties and Tasks:
- Responsible for receiving and creating Help Desk incidents/requests.
- Manage ticket queues and escalate incidents/requests to appropriate technical teams.
- Support university students, staff, and faculty accessing university online classrooms, email, and University portal.
- Provide first level support to university faculty, staff, and students for Windows and Mac OS environments.
- Installs and maintains PC and printer hardware and software, performs routine maintenance and applies vendor updates to software.
- Provides support to remote locations to and escalates as necessary to the appropriate departments, technical resources and/or vendors.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent and one (1) year of technical support experience required; AA/AS degree in a technical discipline a plus.
- CompTIA A+ or greater vendor specific certification preferred.
- Experience working within the ITIL framework and exposure to ITSM and SDLC methodologies. ITIL v3 Foundation Certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Excellent communication and customer service.
- Enterprise Client/server support experience.
- Installation and maintenance MAC/PC Operating systems and software applications, e.g. Windows 7. 8.x, 10 Microsoft O365, MAC OS 10.x, Adobe Creative Cloud,
- Physical layer troubleshooting of WLAN(802.11x)/LAN, DNS, switches, gateways, TCP/IP v4 & 6.
- General distributed hardware support of peripherals: printers, scanners, webcams, etc.
- Multitasking in a dynamic fast paced high stress environment.
- Adaptation to new and emerging technologies.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Each year from 2012 to 2016, Saint Leo University was named one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces by the Tampa Bay Times .
The Top Workplaces in Tampa Bay program was created by the Tampa Bay Times and WorkplaceDynamics. The companies in this survey were ranked based on leadership, compensation and training, workplace flexibility, and diversity.
One of the Top-Ranked Universities in Florida
One of the top-ranked universities in Florida, Saint Leo is a Catholic, liberal arts school serving learners of all faiths.
We are traditional, but we are cutting edge
Established in 1889 by the Order of Saint Benedict of Florida, the university seeks balanced growth in mind, body and spirit for all members of our community. Saint Leo has grown from a peaceful campus in the rolling hills of Central Florida to an institution of international consequence-ranked one of the best regional universities in the South by U.S. News & World Report
Our Tampa-area campus remains committed as ever to student-centered liberal arts education, and is strengthened by the global reach of our regionally accredited online programs and Education Centers in seven states across the U.S., including on many military bases.
We are Catholic, but we are for everyone
Our determination to make higher education more accessible to all has made Saint Leo a world leader in redefining the 21st century university. Saint Leo now serves more than 16,000 students from 49 states and 86 countries-ranking us among the five largest Catholic higher education institutions in the United States. Saint Leo is also one of the nation's 10 leading providers of higher education to the U.S. military.
While we are proudly Catholic, we teach students not because they are Catholic, but because we are Catholic. And our faith compels us to imagine and contribute to a more socially just society.