Hospitality Management Full-time Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Hospitality Management Full-time Faculty
Job Description Summary
Job Title:\t\t Hospitality Management Full-time Faculty\t\t\t
Position #:\t\t F02336\t
Assignment begins August 2018, contingent upon funding and student enrollment
Online applications must be received by Friday, April 27, 2018.
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has a need for a full-time, Hospitality Management faculty member to start in August 2018 for the fall semester. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner. The successful candidate will be committed to teaching in a multi-cultural, two-year environment, and welcome the opportunity to work with students with diverse learning abilities. The faculty member will teach Hospitality Management courses, work with the coordinator of the Hospitality Management program, and support the activities of the Marriott Hospitality Center. Montgomery College provides an excellent opportunity to teach in a large, urban community college setting.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Teach a variety of courses within the Hospitality Management program including Introduction to the Hospitality Industry, Management of Front Office Operations, Lodging and Food Service Law, Legal Issues in Labor Management, Supervision and Leadership in the Hospitality Industry, Managing Hospitality Human Resources, Property Security and Facilities Management and Lodging and Food Service Sales and Advertising.
- Teach 30 semester hours per academic year of courses related to Hospitality Management
- Teach a varied schedule of courses that may include day, night, early morning, weekend and/or accelerated sections, and online. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Engage students in their learning through active collaborative learning approaches.
- Meet with students outside of class to assist them with being successful college students.
- Apply culturally relevant pedagogies to the teaching and learning process.
- Incorporate the use of educational enterprise platform such as Blackboard and other relevant technology into instruction, including inexpensive or no-cost resources in the development and delivery of instruction.
- Advise students about program curriculum, transfer issues and careers in Hospitality Management.
- Develop and implement initiatives related to the Marriott Hospital Center.
- Serve on, or lead, department, discipline, campus and college committees.
- Maintain an active program of professional development and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- A Master's degree or higher in Hospitality Management, Business Administration, Management, Nutrition or a related field.
- Certified as either a CHE (Certificated Hospitality Educator) or CHA (Certified Hotel Administrator)
- Must be qualified to teach a variety of hotel-related courses as described above
- Evidence of teaching and work experience in the field at the management level.
- Ability to integrate technology and classroom-related computer software into course delivery
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- College level teaching experience
- Experience supporting students with varying level of preparedness for college-level work.
- Demonstration of student engagement strategies that help students succeed in the course.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Experience teaching distance learning and/or hybrid courses
- Experience leading academic initiatives
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment.
- Online applications must be received by April 27, 2018.
- For consideration, you must:
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment
Submit an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Once you hit SUBMIT, you are unable to update/edit your application.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Friday, April 27, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: [email protected]
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
RV - Technical Center