Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) resides within the School of Medicine at the Anschutz Medical Campus. AWHC is an interdisciplinary center, becoming the nation's go to source of information and programs related to wellness. Top researchers work side-by-side with clinicians to develop and deliver wellness programs and work with community interventionists to take these programs beyond the walls of the center into communities. The mission of the center is "to transform the lives of individuals and communities through science-based wellness strategies."
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center's Vision is, "a world where accumulating wellness is the norm". All endeavors at the center are focused on this vision. An integrated approach, with a common philosophy is core to the development of the center's programs. These programs strive to involve every area of the business, including wellness clinic services, the fitness center, the bistro, the grocery lab, metabolic and demonstration kitchens. Without this integration it is not possible to achieve the vision that catalyzed the development of the AHWC. The center serves as a "learning lab" for creating a model of standard care for wellness centers that can be replicated and exported.
The Anschutz Health and Wellness Center (AHWC) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks a full-time, permanent, Professional Research Assistant. With research as its foundation, The Center's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and communities through science-based wellness strategies. This position works directly with Investigators Daniel Bessesen M.D. and Corey Rynders PhD on studies related to exercise, energy balance, and body weight regulation in adult research participants.
Responsibilities may include:
- recruit and consent qualified study participants
- schedule and conduct study related visits and outcomes assessments as required by the protocol
- administer metabolic rate and behavioral testing
- prepare biological samples for processing
- assess, document and maintain quality control of all study-related data
- data entry and quality assurance
- prescribe and supervise individualized exercise training programs
- maximize the retention of study participants
- track and report study related adverse events and injuries according to IRB Guidelines
- prepare reports for study team meetings and annual IRB review
- attend weekly research meetings
- other duties as needed for study completion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- able to work independently in an organized and efficient manner
- excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to develop solid rapport with others
- excellent oral and written skills with the ability to write and conduct daily communications
- basic knowledge of data management, collection, quality control and analysis methods
- be proficient with computer software including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Access and Excel
- pass required research compliance courses (CITI training and HIPAA training)
- possess Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification and maintain certification throughout employment
- be flexible in daily routine and hours, including early mornings and weekends as needed.
- compassion and experience working with research volunteers in the sensitive area of weight management and obesity
- ability to represent the University, Department and Center, internally and externally, in a professional and positive manner
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Exercise Physiology, Nutrition, Public Health or a related field
- 6 months of experience conducting study visits and recruiting participants
- 2 years of clinical or non-clinical research experience.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Lindsey Renn at Lindsey.Renn@ucdenver.edu. Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21471 - SOM-Health and Wellness Center
Posting Date: Apr 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lindsey Renn
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00050210