University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #212131 - Requisition 13177
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
Human Resources has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Training Coordinator position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
This position serves on the Learning and Development team in the campus HR office and will be located at the downtown campus with travel between downtown and the Anschutz Medical Campus. Our department provides customer-focused human resources solutions by partnering with our faculty and staff to advance the University's mission, vision and values.
This position provides training coordination for all HR related training programs, manages training data, ensures all trainings are reflected properly in HCM for each employee, and is responsible for securing venues, presenter coordination and event management. This position reports to the Director of Learning and Development.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Coordinates all HR-related trainings, including but not limited to new employee orientation (NEO), Crucial Conversations, performance management, discrimination and harassment, etc. This includes ordering/tracking materials/supplies, reserving venues, ordering lunch, room setup, etc.
- Manages and coordinates the registration process and timelines for all training programs for all schools/colleges/departments for CU Denver and Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Performs new employee orientation. Develops knowledge and is well versed in university ad campus policies in order to respond to questions and cover key topics.
- Collects feedback on delivered training and proposing ways to improve sessions based on feedback. Develops metrics to track responses.
- Works with Director of Learning and Development to solicit feedback on new training needs. Once versed in a particular topic, may conduct requested training.
- Manages training data and works with the Systems office to ensure all training is reflected properly in the HCM system for all employees.
- Coordinates presentation updates and schedules with presenters.
- Creates, maintains and distributes marketing materials for all HR training programs through various communication avenues including the HR website. In addition, is responsible for marketing communications through both Denver and Anschutz campuses.
- Manages data collection of attendees for all training and provides monthly reporting on each training to the Director of Learning and Development.
- Provides HR operations with necessary internal HR website additions, updates, etc.
- Provides training and assistance to schools/colleges/departments on processes regarding training registration and what training programs are offered.
- Assists with process improvement as related to all aspects of training registration, program offerings, communication, etc.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $40,918 to $45,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
A bachelor's degree in business, higher education administration, human resources, organizational development or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Experience with coordinating training and events; as well as delivering informational training.
- Experience with various forms of technology such as HCM systems, Learning Management Systems (LMS), SkillSoft, Lynda.com, or similar systems.
- Experience creating documents, presentations and spreadsheets utilizing Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Visio.
- Experience gathering and analyzing data.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and evaluate a broad range of laws, rules, and regulations in order to exercise good judgment in applying them to human resource challenges.
- Knowledge of the professional standards, concepts, and practices of recruitment and selection, employee relations, or organizational development and human resource policy.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, including public speaking.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Thorough knowledge of current management and leadership methods and best practices.
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to analyze data and develop metrics.
- Knowledge HR and organizational development fundamentals.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Sheri Kalina Jungman at Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by April 20, 2018. Those who do not apply by April 20th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Human Resources
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60043 - ADM-AVCHR Administration
Posting Date: Apr 10, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sheri Kalina Jungman
Posting Contact Email: Sheri.KalinaJungman@ucdenver.edu
Position Number: 00212131