Duties: This position reports to an Associate Director in MBA Academic Affairs and serves as the first point of contact for 1700 MBA students. Positioned at the front desk, they set the tone for the student's initial contact with the MBA Program Office. This position is responsible for responding to a high volume of internal and external questions and explaining policies related to academic and student affairs, registration procedures and student records. This position provides support to professional staff and students by composing confidential materials, maintaining the weekly email, and updating the Wharton Inside webpage. This position is responsible for administering exams for student with SDS accommodations, including scheduling and proctoring. The Admin Coordinator maintains organized inventories of office supplies, places order when necessary and manages the locker allocation process for MBA students. This position assists with logistics and implementation of office events including the MBA Executive Committee meetings. The Admin Coordinator must be able to use the University Student Record System to maintain student records and register both Wharton and non-Wharton students for classes on an exception basis. The Admin Coor will be involved in the roll out of Sales Force by monitor and at times responding to student questions and response.
Qualifications: A High School Diploma or GED and 5 years to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* Knowledge of University procedures / policies preferred
* Experience with Microsoft Office required; familiarity with internet required. Knowledge of Wordpress a plus
* Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills essential
* Fast learner with the ability to interpret and explain procedures
* Demonstrated ability to manage many duties at one time
* Must be customer service oriented and flexible
* Ability to exercise judgment, initiative, discretion and independence in dealing with client base
Reference Number: 07-28456
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: MBA Program Office
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: X-Secretarial/Administrative