Electrophysiology Lab Clinical Device Care Coordinator
Electrophysiology Lab Clinical Device Care Coordinator-1800460
Duties of an Electrophysiology Lab Clinical Device Care Coordinator my include the following but are not limited to:
- Perform device interrogations in office.
- Download all device interrogations from clinical and generate reports for MDs/PAs.
- Access device companies home monitoring websites to review recent transmissions as needed.
- Assist patient with the set-up of home monitor transmitters.
- Assist MD/PA with wound care.
- Perform vitals/electrocardiograms/update medications.
- Answer emails and patient calls.
- Order and stock supplies for the Wound Clinic.
- Maintain programmers: clean, order supplies (paper, electrodes).
- Independently rounds daily on all Electrophysiology Lab patients.
- Rounds with attending staff as consultant, coordinator and problem solver.
- Interfaces with patients, families and staff to coordinate and communicate the Multidisciplinary Plan of Care.
- Serves as liaison for the Electrophysiology Lab service to referral base, Cardiologists, Nurse Practitioners and families.
- Facilitates communication between and amongst Electrophysiology Lab attending staff, residents, secretaries, Nurse Practitioners and nursing staff.
- Participates in staff meetings and conferences.
- Establishes an open line of communication with colleagues in Cardiology and Medicine at SBUH and at community physician groups.
- Establishes and coordinates patient care map for Electrophysiology Lab patients.
- Maintains a highly professional demeanor with respect to attire, communication style and skills and dedication to the Electrophysiology Lab service line.
- Serves as a resource to nursing staff in management of the Electrophysiology Lab patient.
- Educates the public in prevention and treatment of heart disease.
- Supports good relations with referral base.
- Participates in orientation and training of staff.
- Participates in Quality Assurance and Process Improvement activities.
- Services on hospital committees appropriate to the Electrophysiology service
New York State Registered Nurse. Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or related filed required. At least 5 years experience in Cardiology Nursing.
Experience with Pacemaker and ICD interrogation and remote CIED follow-up.
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: TH Staff Associate
Job Field: Professional Clinical
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Electrophysiology Lab-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00am to 4:00pmElectrophysiology Lab-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Apr 10, 2018
Posting End Date: May 8, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: SL4