Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 04-09-2018
Serves as an academic advisor for undergraduate Mathematics majors, including mathematics teacher education majors and actuarial majors; helps resolve registration issues for students in all mathematics courses; assists with department recruitment and retention efforts.
1. Bachelor's degree in Mathematics or closely related field
2. Minimum one year of professional advising experience or demonstrated equivalent in related field.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Ability to make effective public presentations
5. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, communication, and teamwork.
6. Ability to multi-task and produce quality work under deadlines.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Ability to work with diverse population of students, peers, and the public.
9. Working knowledge of basic office software and advising systems (word processing, e-mail systems, spreadsheets, databases, student information systems, etc.)
10. Evidence of a positive professional demeanor that contributes to a positive and fulfilling work environment.
11. Evidence of understanding of the issues facing today's college students as it impacts their academic careers.
12. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, then employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's degree in Mathematics or closely related field.
2. Previous teaching experience at the college level.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.