Director, Benefits & Compensation
Director, Benefits & Compensation
Human Resources - 910600
The University of North Texas System (UNTS) has a great opportunity for an experienced Director, Benefits & Compensation to join our HR team located in Fort Worth. Our vision is to provide the best approach to deliver HR services to our constituents in the most effective and efficient manner to help drive business outcomes. We are currently seeking a Director, Benefits & Compensation for our HR Shared Services Human Resources. This new team member will contribute to our goal to be the strategic partner needed by our constituents while providing outstanding programs and services.
Join our team in this exciting time and help us develop the future of the University of North Texas System.
The Human Resources Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Director, Benefits & Compensation to join our team. This position will report to the Chief Human Capital Officer, this position is responsible for the leadership and daily operations of the Compensation and Benefits teams and for instilling a customer-oriented service attitude within the teams. This position will lead System-wide projects; develop initiatives, processes and procedures that align with UNT System goals and the specific needs of the component organizations; and collaborate with campus HR Directors and campus leadership to assist them in meeting strategic objectives.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Oversees review and analysis of the market to determine employee needs, trends, government regulations and competitive practices.
* Oversees management of and processes related to System-wide pay plan(s).
* Oversees the administration and maintenance of the institutional insurance and retirement programs while focusing on customer service.
* Oversees leave processes to include FMLA, sick leave donation, sick leave pool, disability programs, and compliance with the Affordable Care Act.
* Identifies opportunities to improve policies and processes as needed in order to improve efficiencies, ensure compliance, and provide a high level of customer service.
* Assures compliance with regulatory provisions. Interfaces with subject matter experts in legal, accounting, payroll, budget, and other functions to identify and resolve compliance issues.
* Counsels and consults with senior management and HR leaders regarding compensation, benefits and benefits compliance, influencing outcomes that are based on professional advice consistent with System and institutional policies.
* Maintains knowledge of best-in-class compensation and employee rewards programs in the market place.
* Manages communication to achieve employee awareness, understanding and appreciation.
* Manages key external vendors, service providers, brokers and consultants to achieve product, service, and cost goals.
* Actively participates and partners with HR Leadership Team, System Leadership and all university Leadership teams.
* Coordinates with appropriate groups to identify departmental effectiveness metrics and meaningful program evaluation measures.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and a minimum of 10 years' experience in HR.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Advanced level project and work planning and organization; non-authority leadership; interpersonal communications skills, problem-solving; decision-making; employee development and team building skills
* Proven leadership abilities in areas requiring management of significant institutional change, including overcoming resistance
* Strong personal impact, analytical, market/branding, counseling and coaching, confrontation-management, behavior modeling, and conflict management skills
* Ability to manage high stress situations
* Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to present complex information to a wide range of audiences
* Ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with administrators, faculty, and staff and with academic, administrative, and other functional units on campus
* Ability to negotiate and influence within a collaborative framework
* Demonstrated initiative to identify, analyze and resolve problems quickly, efficiently and collaboratively
* Demonstrated ability to identify, collect and evaluate data necessary to anticipate trends and to create innovative strategies and flexible plans
* Ability to coach employees at all levels within the compensation and benefit functions
* Ability to handle a diverse set of issues simultaneously and meet demanding deadlines
* Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and lead large projects
* Proven initiative, positive attitude, team oriented, self-motivated and highly enthusiastic
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Master's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field
* Five years or more of responsibility at a manager level or above at a public university
* Certified Compensation Professional (CPP)
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Salary commensurate with experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Director, Benefits & Compensation
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled