Clinical IT Support Specialist
Montclair State is New Jersey's second largest university. It offers the advantages of a large university - a broad undergraduate curriculum with a global focus, a wide variety of superior graduate programs through the doctoral level, and a diverse faculty and student body - combined with a small college's attention to students.
Posting Date April 5, 2018
Position Title Clinical IT Support Specialist
Vacancy # V-1420
Department Technical Support Services
Division Information Technology
Reporting to the Associate Director of IT Support Services, the Clinical IT Support Specialist will be responsible for providing support and maintenance to our client workstation environment in our clinical locations. This includes but is not limited to building, creating and deploying our standard and secure images to be utilized across campus, maintaining our Systems Center Communication Manager (SCCM) environment and researching better ways to secure our client workstations. Working in conjunction with our other technology groups, they will proactively ensure that the operating system is securely maintained through the distribution of updates and packages. This will include migrating machines that contain sensitive data on encrypted and secure images. Along with supporting the server application environment, the Technical Support Specialist would be responsible for hands-on troubleshooting of hardware and software components required to support the academic programs, research and administrative needs of the University and to maintain our strategic commitment to infuse technology, wherever appropriate, into the teaching, learning and administrative processes at Montclair State University. In addition, the Clinical IT Support Specialist will be responsible for managing the video repository solution for managing clinical videos.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work alongside Technical Support Specialist to create, maintain and manage the distribution of scripts used to maintain the system integrity.
- Assist with the migration of machines into the production SCCM environment.
- Work alongside our Information Security and Identity Management (ISM) group to develop and distribute security domain and local group policies to manage systems on and off campus.
- Maintain clinical workstations system integrity by managing and monitoring Carbon Black whitelisting based on healthcare industry standards.
- Manage encryption for areas that manage personally identifiable information (PII) including but not limited too areas that require HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance.
- Proactively monitor and utilize the Sophos Admin Console for campus-wide virus detection and removal.
- Assist with development and implementation of a process for incident response in response to data breeches.
- Create clinical specific application packages that will be distributed through SCCM to all managed Windows based operating systems.
- Create clinical specific application packages that will be distributed through JAMF Pro to all managed Mac OS based operating systems.
- Recommend and provide guidance on Windows and Mac client workstation configurations based on its effect on clinical spaces.
- Participate in HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) compliance audits and carry out corrective actions as indicated.
- Proactively become HIPAA Consultant certified so that proper guidance on client workstations.
- Maintain Electronics Health Records (EHR) application and database to ensure the integrity of client data.
- Make recommendations of the procurement of clinical technology.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain Intelligent Video Solutions (IVS) Ubuntu servers.
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain POE PTZ cameras and IR audio playback devices.
- Provide end-user training on clinical software to all faculty, staff, adjuncts and students that utilize the system.
- Manage and regularly test PTZ cameras to ensure they are fully functional.
- On a rotational basis, provide support to the other clinical spaces on campus to ensure proper cross-training and support.
- Mentor IT Service Desk Student Assistants to ensure the highest level of technical and operational support is given to the campus community.
- Coordinate support for classes and/or events that require laptops and other peripherals.
- Track and manage project database to ensure that timelines are met.
- Continuously update service desk knowledge base to ensure the most accurate level of technical information is provided.
- Prepare and author documentation about supported software applications, hardware configurations, policies and procedures related to the service desk.
- Perform problem solving, technical assistance and support on various software applications and hardware issues.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and consistency by utilizing the ticket tracking system to create, escalate, prioritize and resolve
- incidents in accordance with service level and urgency level agreements.
- Attend and participate in departmental and University events and functions.
- Continuously improve technical knowledge through training and self-study.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution. Years of experience may be substituted for educational degree attainment at the discretion of the hiring authority.
- Must have 5+ years' experience in an IT organization, preferably higher education.
- Must have 3+ years' experience administrating and supporting Windows Server environments.
- Must have an A+ Certification or the ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell scripting language experience and training in order to perform system administration.
- Must have experience managing windows environments utilizing an enterprise management tool such as System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) or Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT).
- Must have experience troubleshooting Microsoft operating systems (Windows 7 and 10) and office products (Office 2010-2016).
- Must have experience supporting audio-visual hardware (cameras, projectors, electronic screens).
- Must be knowledgeable of industry compliances (such as PCI, HIPAA, FERPA).
- Must be knowledgeable with hardware configurations on client machines (processors, memory, hard drives).
- Must have experience troubleshooting current Windows operating systems and applications as it relates to E-mail, Canvas, Citrix, standard web browsers and other educational technology.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing a ticket tracking system to track incident details.
- Demonstrated commitment to high quality customer service.
- Experience working with Mobile Device Management, a plus.
- Experience supporting users with rich media enabled classroom technology, a plus.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Ability to prepare clear and detailed correspondence.
- Ability to speak in public.
- Ability to represent the university at conferences, seminars or meetings.
- Ability to lift 401bs or more.
Commensurate with experience.
Anticipated Start Date Open until position is filled.
Send cover letter and resume to
(include vacancy # if above)
*When creating your profile, you will need to combine your resume and cover letter into one single document (PDF or MS Word).*
Apply By Review will begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Organizational Marketing Statement:
Building on a distinguished 105-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The university's six colleges and schools serve more than 19,000 undergraduate and graduate students in 300 majors, minors, concentrations and certificate programs. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State combines the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a dynamic, sophisticated, and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION INSTITUTION