Moss Street Partnership School Teacher, Grades K - 5
Functional Title Moss Street Partnership School Teacher, Grades K - 5
Position Type Administration - Staff
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro seeks enthusiastic, committed, and innovative K-5 teachers for the Moss Street Partnership School. There are currently several positions available. The positions are eleven-month, full-time, EHRA non-faculty positions in the School of Education available in July of 2018. Moss Street Partnership Teachers will be housed at Moss Street Partnership School, 419 Moss Street, Reidsville, NC. Moss Street Partnership School teachers report to the Principal of Moss Street Partnership School.
UNCG Human Resources Info Sessions for MSPS , please visit this link for the schedule on the information sessions UNCG Human Resources will be having, on becoming an employee of the Moss Street Partnership School.
Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; excellent oral and written communication skills; and evidence of skill in working with high needs student populations. Qualifying degrees must be conferred and received from appropriately accredited institutions. A current teaching license for grades K-6 or eligibility for teacher licensure in grades K-6 in North Carolina is required.
- Qualifications as a clinical educator—licensure, three years of experience, proficient on most recent evaluation
- Teaching experience in diverse schools;
- Commitment to creating caring classrooms and school relationships and culture;
- Evidence of improving student performance in all subgroups;
- Technologically proficient;
- Innovation and outcomes orientation;
- Commitment to working collaboratively;
- Experience supporting pre-service teachers.
The individual should be self-directed; organized with attention to detail; possess strong interpersonal relationship skills, including collaboration with community members, school personnel and university personnel; highly motivated and willing to be receptive to innovative practices/procedures; and willing to take the initiative to learn the duties/responsibilities/expectations of the work and operations of the Partnership School.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All Teachers selected for hire are required to be checked by the Department of Public Safety. A fingerprint screening will be conducted by the UNCG Police Department. Applicant will need to provide any additional information required by the Department of Public Safety.
Recruitment Range Compensation based on education and experience. Salary Schedule
Org #-Department Moss Street Partnership School - 12022
Job Open Date 03/09/2018
For Best Consideration Date 04/02/2018
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment Permanent
Number of Months per Year 11
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Unofficial Transcript(s)
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you hold a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education or a related field?
- * Do you have or are you eligible for NC teaching certification for elementary education (Grades K-6)?
- * Do you have a Master's Degree in Elementary Education or a related field?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu