The Division of Enrollment Management, Office of Student Financial Assistance and Employment has an immediate opening for a highly motivated individual to be part of the financial aid team.
Under the direction of the Associate Director, Financial Assistance Services, the Assistant Director, (Athletics Compliance) Financial Assistance advises on the overall direction of the Athletics Compliance by overseeing the process as it relates to Athletics, which includes administration of athletically related Financial Aid and counseling of the student-athlete population in accordance with the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA)/Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), university, state, and federal regulations.
• Maintains compliance with all NCAA, ACC, institutional and department policies and procedures by overseeing the process which includes, oversee the entering and tracking of all Financial Aid awards to student Athletes, coordinate and approve all disbursements to Student Accounts (resulting from overages of Pell Grants, Loans, etc.).
• Determines whether institutional and non-institutional financial aid is permissible per NCAA rules and countable towards individual and team limitations.
• Ensures athletic scholarship amounts for each student athlete does not go over cost of attendance after Compliance inputs athletic financial aid amounts for all student athletes in PeopleSoft.
• Receives notification that a student-athlete has outside aid. Contact the awarding agency and collect the documentation about the award and confirm with the Athletics Compliance office that the award is permissible per NCAA rules.
• Ensures that all outside financial aid data is entered into CAi and answer User questions after the Athletic Compliance Office input all athletic scholarships.
• Makes appropriate adjustments to athletically related financial aid for student-athletes who drop below full-time status.
• Coordinates all efforts with Student Accounts and the verification and professional judgment process for all student-athletes.
• Responsible for the completion of file review for small group of selected financial aid applicants and support advisors with phone calls and walk-ins.
• Serves as liaison with other, related University offices or departments including but not limited to the Athletics Compliance Office to insure NCAA and ACC regulations are followed.
• Contributes ideas and viewpoints to department leadership on operational plans as related to athletic financial aid.
• Participate in professional training and continuing education programs to increase personal/professional growth and development to insure knowledge of NCAA/ACC rules and regulations. Attend annual NCAA and ACC rules and educational seminars.
• Perform Financial Aid presentations both on and off campus.
• Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of NCAA/ACC rules.
• Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations governing state and federal student aid programs.
• Ability to work independently, set priorities and think critically.
• Demonstrated leadership and counseling skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly organized and multi-task orientated.
• Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
• Works and makes decisions independently.
• Bachelor’s degree; Master’s Degree is preferred.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of financial aid-related work experience. Thorough knowledge of rules and regulations governing state and federal student aid program required.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, along with demonstrated leadership and counseling skills.
• Strong interpersonal and exceptional customer service skills required.
• Some weekend/holiday/evening work may be required.
• Any appropriate combination of relevant education, certifications and/or work experience may be considered. Apply online. Position #: P00017435.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>