Library Clerk (Reg PT)
Community College of Allegheny County
Position Title: Library Clerk (Reg PT)
Department: Library & Learning Services
Campus: Allegheny Campus
Additional Information: Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Thursday; 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm Saturday; 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Salary Grade: SEIU B - $16.94
Job Category: Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Employment Type: Regular Part-Time
Job Slot: 9029
Job Open Date: 4/6/2018
Job Close Date: 4/20/2018
General Summary: Performs clerical duties and routine library assignments related to the ordering, receiving, cataloging, circulating and maintenance of library materials such as books, reports, periodicals, serials, abstracts, indexes, manuscripts, slides and microfilm.
Job Specifications: Must be able to accurately assist patrons in locating information. Meet with the public tactfully and courteously and answer questions over the counter and by telephone.
Education and Experience: A high school education and some specialized skills in general library functions.
Skill Requirements: Must be able to operate standard office equipment including a copier, calculator, microfiche/microfilm reader and a personal computer and related software or its equivalent. Must be able to type 25 WPM.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to work in a general office environment. Ability to communicate effectively and follow written and oral instructions.
- Checks in/charges out library materials; calculates and collects fines and fees; prepares inter-campus or library loans.
- Provides back-up for the reserves, periodicals, circulation, and processing areas; assists patron in finding/retrieving materials and provides directional information; oversees use of library equipment; assists in taking inventory of materials and requisitions personnel, equipment and supplies as needed; and monitors library security system.
- Maintains various statistics and prepares related reports; participates in determining library goals; serves on related campus committees.
- Assists in overseeing the work of and training work-study and temporary personnel.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=165