Full-Time Faculty Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Clinical Coordinator
POSITION: Full-Time Faculty Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Clinical Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Allied Health and Career Programs
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the program’s compliance with the clinical requirements of the Medical Assistant and Phlebotomy Standards related to the roles and responsibilities of the respective accrediting agencies and educational program as a full-time faculty member. The position includes a combination of clinical visitation and site development including clinical instructor educator development, teaching, and administrative duties.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of practical experience.
• Current CMA (AAMA) or RMA (AMT) credentials in Medical Assisting.
• American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Phlebotomy Certification.
• Knowledgeable of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in Medical Assisting/Medical Assisting Educational Review Board (CAAHEP/MAERB).
• Knowledgeable of the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) in Phlebotomy Standards.
• Experience in the management and development of faculty and/or staff.
• Knowledge of institutional, accrediting, state, and federal standards, laws, and/or regulations for higher education.
• Must successfully pass a criminal background check
• Serve and participate in campus, regional, and college-wide professional and community activities, committee meetings, and task forces.
• Provide support in the management and supervision of the clinical of the MAS/PHB programs in accord with the needs of the clinical program and the vision, strategic plan, and goals of the college.
• Maintain current knowledge of the standards of accrediting agencies pertaining to education in a MAS/PHB program.
• Development and implementation of policies for the withdrawal of students from clinical education placement when necessary.
• Teaching courses in the area of expertise, as required by the program and college and in subordination to the primary responsibilities for management and supervision of the clinical portion of the MAS/PHB programs.
• Maintain currency in the area of expertise by participating in scholarship (e.g., scholarship of application, scholarship of teaching and learning) as defined by the program and accrediting agencies.
• Attend departmental meetings, institution committee meeting, graduation ceremonies, and other college meetings or events, as required by faculty contract/agreement.
• Foster an educational environment that is conducive to learning, respect, integrity, teamwork, and professionalism.
• Participate in routine assessment of teaching and learning through outcomes assessment.
STATUS/SALARY: This is a regular full time faculty position with salary to be determined by placement on the full time faculty salary schedule commensurate with education and experience.
BEGINNING DATE: August 16, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 30, 2018
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please submit letter of application, licensure credentials, resume & transcripts to:
Office of Human Resources
Apply for Full-Time Faculty Medical Assistant/Phlebotomy Clinical Coordinator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly