Teaching Professor (Open Rank)
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Denver is committed to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We invite applications for one (possibly more) full-time, non-tenure track Teaching Professors (Open Rank) for the 2018-2019 academic year beginning September 4, 2018.
The hired individuals will be responsible for teaching introductory, higher level undergraduate, and possibly graduate level computer science courses. Duties include six quarter-based system courses per year, advising students, and participating in department and university service. These positions do not require research. The successful applicant will have a passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations.
- Teaching Assistant Professors will be candidates in the first two to seven years of experience post-doctorate with strong, documented potential for excellence in teaching. Appointments at this rank will be made initially as a one-year contract renewable on a yearly basis for three years, followed by a three-year contract where renewal is contingent on formal performance review.
- Teaching Associate Professors will be candidates who are mid-career teacher/scholars with a strong, documented excellence in teaching. If the chosen candidate is deemed to have background and experience commensurate with this rank, a contract length of up to 5 years could be extended.
- Teaching Professors will be candidates at the top of their career as teacher/scholars with an extensive, strong, documented excellence in teaching. Often candidates will have received awards for their teaching and have evidence of functioning as a mentor-teacher to other teaching faculty. If the chosen candidate is deemed to have background and experience commensurate with this rank, a contract length of up to 7 years could be extended.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A passion for teaching and a demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate Computer Science courses with above-average student evaluations.
- MS in Computer Science related disciplines is required by time of appointment.
- Demonstrated ability to teach undergraduate courses.
- One year of previous experience teaching undergraduate courses.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with culturally responsive teaching methods and/or pedagogies to effectively engage broadly diverse student populations.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Friday, April 20, 2018, 4:00 pm (MST).
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae indicating teaching experience
- Course evaluations (if applicable)
- A one-page teaching statement that includes information about how you will advance our inclusive excellence commitment through your teaching and service
- Names and contact information of three references
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.