Business Officer - Campus Life & Inclusive Excellence
Working with the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence (CLIE) Director of Budget and Planning, this position assists in the management of all phases of the financial, operational, and human resource management processes for assigned areas in the division. This position is responsible for assisting with accounting and administrative activities related to the financial operations and payroll, for the assigned areas. It also requires an ability to learn, apply and enforce complex policies and laws to ensure compliance from all members of CLIE across various areas including human resources, accounting, legal, financial aid and recruiting. Additionally, this position assists in developing policy and procedures within CLIE to promote an efficient and productive work environment. This position reports directly to the Director of Budget and Planning for the Campus Life and Inclusive Excellence Division. Position will have interaction with vendors, students, and other university staff.
Administration and Supplemental Support
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- 2-3 years of full-time post Bachelor's degree experience in general office experience, with at least 1 year of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data.
- Experience creating and maintaining complex and confidential filing systems.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion as demonstrated in past experience through tangible examples throughout the job responsibilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field.
- Master's Degree or J.D.
- 5 years of full time post Bachelor's degree experience in general office experience, with at least 2 years of working with payroll, human resources issues, or financial data.
- 1-year experience using SCT Banner modules for payroll, finance, and previous experience in a College or University setting.
- 1-year experience reviewing and managing contracts.
- Advanced Excel skills.
Monday to Friday, 8am-4:30pm
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) April 24, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.