Associate Teacher Toddler Department - Fisher Early Learning
The Fisher Early Learning Center is one of the most distinctive early childhood learning centers in Colorado. As a part of the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver, we are uniquely positioned to provide a warm and loving environment that is specifically designed to deliver cutting-edge and evidence based programming for infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children. We are an inclusive setting and value diversity.
The Associate Teacher will assist in the development and implementation of the classroom environment in the facilitation of the cognitive, social-emotional, physical, language, and communication development of the children within the program. This position will provide assistance as a member of the teaching team in the planning, organization, implementation and delivery of program services based on the mission and philosophy of the center. The incumbent will assist in the development of a classroom plan for curriculum, individual child planning, and family communication. The Associate Teacher will direct the development and implementation of the classroom environment, curriculum, and family communication in the absence of the Master Teacher and will work as a member of an interdisciplinary team. This position is in a Toddler classroom.
- Associates degree in ECE, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology.
- 1 or more years of experience working with children.
- Willingness to work with children in an inclusive environment.
- Must be able to push, pull, or lift 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in ECE or related field.
- 2 or more years of classroom experience in a NAEYC accredited early childhood group setting.
- Knowledge and experience working with children who have special needs.
- Experience working with children in an inclusive environment.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) April 20, 2018. Applications may be accepted and reviewed until position is filled.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- A Cover Letter
- 3 References
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.