Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Director of Men's Basketball Operations
Fresno State Athletics Corporation
Commensurate with education, experience and qualifications. This position includes full benefits. This is a full-time, exempt position. Athletic Corporation employees are at-will.
Under the direction of the Head Men's Basketball Coach, the successful candidate will manage all administrative duties in support of a highly visible nationally competitive Division I NCAA men's basketball program.
Primary duties include:
• Identify and make arrangements for public relations and community service opportunities for team members and coaches
• Prepare the men's basketball budget for review and approval by the Head Coach and the Associate Athletic Director for Business Operations
• Monitor expenditures to maintain compliance with the budget
• Identify and develop travel needs and exercise judgment and discretion in the planning and execution of team travel arrangements and logistics
• Coordinate transportation methods
• Negotiate terms and conditions for transportation, lodging, and training table or per diem meals
• Initiate and sign purchase orders
• Coordinate and record student-athlete guest passes for home games
• Schedule the use of facilities for practice (home and away) and competition (home and post season) with appropriate facilities director
• Coordinate all administrative recruiting functions including: maintaining recruiting database, tracking scholarships by class and position, coordinating on-campus visit itinerary for prospective student-athletes, and ensuring compliance documentation for all recruiting tasks of the staff
• Travel with the team to away games
• Comply with all NCAA, Mountain West Conference, Athletic Department, and University rules and policies in performing only duties that are not of a coaching nature
• Support the department's commitment to gender equity and diversity
Secondary duties include:
• Assist in the monitoring of student academic success and classroom attendance
• Other operational duties as assigned by the Head Coach
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of NCAA policies and procedures
• Knowledge of NCAA Division I men's basketball operations
• Ability to interpret and comply with University and Conference policies and procedures
• Ability to:
◦ examine procedures and strategic initiatives which will enhance assigned sport operations
◦ negotiate and schedule intercollegiate competitive events
◦ schedule and coordinate public relations events and community service activities
◦ edit video tape and coordinate the tape exchange program
◦ exercise mature judgment and discretion under intense pressure and short time-lines
◦ successfully coordinate all travel and logistical needs of a Division I athletic team.
• Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional night and weekend work; and to travel with the team as requested.
• Have strong communication skills
• Ability to work cooperatively with coaches, staff, faculty, students, and members of the community
• Commitment to academic integrity and compliance with University, conference and NCAA regulations
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and project a professional attitude
• Ability and willingness to support the equity and diversity commitments of the department
• A history of regular attendance and positive performance evaluations
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year institution or by an equivalent international institution of higher education
• Minimum of twoyears of experience working for a Division I Basketball Program
April 20, 2018
Complete the required fields on the online application, a resume, and three professional references, including telephone numbers, are required. A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position is also required. Full consideration will not be given to applicants who fail to complete all application requirements.
Pursuant to Executive Order 1088, reasonable accommodation is to be provided upon request from an employee or applicant with disabilities, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the campus. What constitutes a reasonable accommodation is to be determined by the campus on a case-by-case basis after it has received the individual's request for accommodation and engaged in an interactive process. Employees or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation should contact Human Resources directly at (559) 278-2032.
How To Apply:
To apply for this or any open position at Fresno State visit our online employment site at:https://wsx.fresnostate.edu/x/?k=hrjov1&v=13480