Job Opening: 14125
Position #: 00014622
The Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University, Department of Pediatrics, seeks a board eligible/board certified General Pediatrician to join its full-time faculty. Academic rank commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be clinically productive through the provision of outpatient services and newborn nursery coverage at Palmetto Pediatrics, Aiken Regional Medical Center.
- Attendance at c-sections, some which may be high risk.
- Performing circumcisions.
- Maintaining and ensuring that relevant patient records are properly updated.
- Participate in on-call duties, including nursery/delivery call with other faculty members.
- Meet and maintain wRVU productivity targets as set forth by department/division through services provided.
- Interface with physicians at CHOG and throughout the community, region and state in order to establish and enhance working relationships
- Promote good professional relationships with Augusta University physicians and physicians outside of Augusta.
- Provide education and training to residents, medical students and staff in general pediatrics which includes but is not limited to: clinical supervision; consultation; and didactics.
- Provide clinical supervision and consultation to residents/medical students/staff at Palmetto Pediatrics and develop a more in-depth educational experience for trainees
- Interact with residents and medical students in the planning and conduct of their research and scholarly activities.
- Achieve and maintain teaching scores at or above the department mean.
Successful candidates will have a proven history of excellent clinical skills, involvement with clinical research, and strong desire to be involved with resident teaching.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Medical degree from an accredited medical school/university, Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Pediatrics.
Must have or be eligible for a State of South Carolina and Georgia Medical License; DEA; CPR/PALS.
Academic rank, tenure status and salary to be commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position you must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.