This position serves as primary administrative assistant and office manager for the Chemistry Department. The employee in this position provides administrative assistance to the department chair, faculty and students.
- serving as the first point of contact for departmental inquiries and questions
- processing and copying course materials
- file and record maintenance
- ordering of supplies, budget management, purchase orders, and check requests
- travel requests and reimbursements
- calendar management
- scheduling meetings and reserving meeting spaces as needed
- assisting with logistics and information related to faculty searches
- serves as a public contact for students and providing information on campus resources and policies
- promotion of departmental events
- website maintenance
- A Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of administrative and office management experience, or
- an Associate's degree and 3-5 years of administrative and office management experience, or
- a high school diploma and 5 years or more of administrative and office management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, experience with various office technology such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Drive and website maintenance.
- Experience in budget and fund management.
- Experience working in a higher education environment and with Banner would be a plus.
Learn more about this vacancy, and apply online at http://jobs.unca.edu/. Applications accepted through April 17, 2018.UNC Asheville is committed to equality and diversity of experiences for our students, applicants and employees. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of socio-economic status, gender expression, gender and sexual identity, culture, and ideological beliefs. UNC Asheville is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will not discriminate against applicants and employees on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other legally protected status with respect to all terms, conditions, and privileges of university-sponsored activities, employment, and the use of university facilities.