Secretary - Upward Bound Project Part Time
RACC Regular Part-Time Employee Benefits
We value prospective faculty and staff, and all that they contribute to enriching Reading Area Community College. Recognizing the vital role our fabulous faculty and staff play in the success of both our students and institution, we offer a valuable program of top-notch benefits to our regular part-time (25 hour per week) employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement plan with immediate vesting and competitive employer match;
- Paid Time Off upon satisfying applicable wait period;
- Tuition Waiver Program for employee, employees’ spouse & dependents.
Plus a host of employee perks!
Working hours for this position consist of a 16-hour week (between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.). These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment. These hours may require occasional evening and weekend work. The hours may be modified and/or extended up to 25 hours per week based on the needs of the Upward Bound Program with advance notice and mutual consent of the employee and the supervisor.
Maintain database of participant services, and otherwise relieve Upward Bound staff of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties. Work cooperatively with the Upward Bound Staff to provide support to program students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Perform secretarial duties as assigned including but not limited to typing, word processing, database, spreadsheet, record keeping, filing, telephone work.
- Gather and compile information, perform low level calculations, proofread, maintain filing system for the Upward Bound grant.
- Maintain central communications control with students, parents, advisors, for the projects.
- Assist and respond to general public inquiries including walk-ins, mail-ins and phone-ins.
- Complete and maintain all record keeping as required by the College and the grants.
- Learn new computer programs as required. Utilize the College’s student information system and all other computer software programs as required.
- Order all office and instructional supplies, furniture, equipment through proper RACC methods/procedures.
- Take minutes at meetings and chaperone when needed.
- Travel occasionally as needed to local off-site locations to assist with Program events (access to transportation is required).
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or Commonwealth Secondary School Diploma (GED).
Two (2) years full-time secretarial experience.
Access to transportation for local travel.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Must be proficient in the use of Internet, spreadsheet, and word processing software and be able to learn software programs required by the grant.
Sensitive to the needs of low-income, first-generation college bound students and their families.
Clearances including Pennsylvania Child Abuse History, PA Criminal Records Checks and FBI Criminal Background Check.
- Associates Degree
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Experience in overcoming educational and economic obstacles
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to participants, staff, school personnel, and other RACC employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Apply for Secretary - Upward Bound Project Part Time
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly