Faculty - Communications
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a full-time faculty member of the Communications discipline. It is the responsibility of the Communications Instructor to maintain the quality and effectiveness of her/his instruction through ongoing reflection and revision of course elements and syllabi. Accurate record-keeping is also essential. Assistance with recruitment, advising, and retention of students is also expected of the faculty member. She/he will be asked to work with other members of the Communications faculty in developing recommendations for curriculum concerns and growth. The individual will be appointed to serve on various committees and study groups. Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as well.
Additional Position Responsibilities:
1) Create a classroom environment that is respectful of diversity and demonstrates a commitment to multiculturalism.
2) Remain current of development in the teaching field so that instruction provides for individual learning styles, uses the latest supportive technology, and can utilize alternative delivery methods.
3) Be familiar with the curriculum content of assigned courses and use continuous quality improvement techniques to update content so that it fosters current evidence-based program assessment and improvement.
4) Attend advisory board committee meetings; department, division, and faculty meetings.
5) Cultivate a personal interest in communities served by the college and participate when possible in community activities.
6) Meet weekly office hours and other duties required to meet student, employer, and college needs.
7) Assist Discipline Chair in other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in the Communications or related field, with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Communication Studies.
- Teaching college-level courses such as Introduction to Communication, Public Speaking, and Interpersonal Communication preferred.
- Must be committed to the “open door” philosophy and be a positive team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Additional required skills include: excellent oral and written communication skills; demonstrated involvement in support of diversity; demonstrated ability to work with multiple constituencies and demonstrated experience with technology as a teaching tool. An understanding of the mission of the community college is also essential.