Faculty - Occupational Therapy Assistant
The Full-time Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Faculty member is employed by RCCC with the expectation that the college is the primary employer. The OTA faculty member is a content specialist in a specific area of instruction and is expected to demonstrate a visibly active role in maintaining the assigned content area comprehensive, current, and responsible manner. The Full-time OTA Faculty member has responsibilities delegated by the Program Chair of the OTA Program, will assist with recruitment and marketing activities, student advisement, program planning and evaluation, and shares responsibility for the program’s compliance with accreditation standards.
The Full-time OTA faculty member is expected to maintain high standards of professionalism in assuring that at least 40 hours per week is spent in the performance of these responsibilities and duties.
The Full-time OTA Faculty will have a Bachelor’s degree awarded by an institution that is accredited by a regional or national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Bachelor’s degree is not limited to a Bachelor’s in Occupational Therapy.
- Graduate of an OT or OTA program which is accredited by a USDE-recognized regional or national accrediting body
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with occupational therapy assistants
- 2 years teaching in an OT or OTA program
- Currently licensed as an OT or OTA by the North Carolina Board of Occupational Therapy
- Documented expertise in clinical practice area(s)
- Documented experience with Occupational Therapy Assistants (includes past or present role as a COTA/L), teaching in an OT or OTA program, or experience as fieldwork educator is preferred.