Senior Director of Academic Records and Technology (Registrar)
Maryville University is accepting applications for the position of Senior Director of Academic Records and Technology. The Senior Director will be an integral leader within the newly created Division of Operational Excellence responsible to manage the comprehensive academic record throughout the entire student lifecycle from application through graduation. The Division of Operational Excellence includes many operational areas, including Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Veterans Services, Registration, One-Stop Student Service, and Enrollment Services.
The Senior Director of Academic Records and Technology will manage the record creation as part of the enrollment/admissions process, oversee the certifying of veterans, set-up of online registration procedures, graduation, and attendance reporting, in addition to supporting the integrated functions of the Division of Operation Excellence as they relate to faculty, staff, students, parents, alumni and the other members of the Team. The successful candidate must be committed to fostering a welcoming environment for a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, and outside constituents.
- Managing and administering grades and transfer credit
- Serving as a resource and power user of the student information system to streamline processes and enhance the utilization of the system
- Coordinating and publishing the academic catalog each year
- Reporting and processing data to ensure efficiency and accuracy of student records in a timely manner
- Posting degrees
- Updating and maintaining the degree audits
- Providing accurate counsel to prospective, current and former students about graduation, registration, financial aid, and payment procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in higher education
- Minimum 3-5 years of senior level management experience
- Ability to build systems, reengineer existing systems, and implement new functionality to the operation
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of integrated software systems as well as Microsoft Office Suite and file management
- Ability to serve as a technical expert within the department
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be adaptable, intuitive, and flexible
- Strong sense of initiative; self-starter
- Attention to detail
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
- Student Records, Registrar, Enrollment Management, or Information Technology experience
- Strong technology background and integrated system-process thinking
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague / SIS systems
- Experience with Salesforce Communities / CRM systems
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.