Dean of Instruction, Workforce Education
The Dean(s) of Instruction, Workforce Education reports to the Vice President - Instruction. The Dean(s) is responsible for providing leadership and oversight for selected associate and baccalaureate level workforce education programs. This position provides leadership and vision to workforce and professional/technical programs to plan, develop, and implement workforce and professional/technical education.
This position is responsible for working collaboratively with on and off campus departments and entities to ensure the employment needs of business, industry and those seeking employment are met. The position may also have responsibility for oversight of assigned programs, contracts, grants, Contract Training, National Testing, and Community Education and Senior College programs.
- Work collaboratively with Vice President of Instruction, Deans of Instruction, and other departments and administrators to carry out the mission and strategic objectives of the College.
- Assess trends and needs in economic development and the labor market to determine professional/technical training needs and promote the College as the training center for business and industry in the District.
- Develop new professional/technical programs that are responsive to local business and industry training needs, i.e. short term, certificates, AAS and ATA degrees, Applied Bachelors degrees.
- Develop the annual professional/technical educational plan and reports for the College and SBCTC.
- Develop and administer budgets.
- Use data to make date driven decisions.
- Participate in assessment activities.
- Write and implement grants related to Workforce education.
- Work with professional/technical instructional units to coordinate required program advisory committees.
- Work with professional/technical faculty in fulfilling vocational certification requirements and maintain appropriate records.
- Coordinate assessment for technical programs.
- Act as a representative for the College related to Workforce programs.
- Supervise full and part-time faculty and staff; hire and assign adjunct faculty in consultation with lead faculty.
- Oversee faculty workload, class enrollments, work assignments, quarterly schedules, educational planners.
- Collaborates with other community colleges on joint grants and training projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's Degree (obtained by the time of employment);
- 2 years Professional Technical Teaching Experience at the College Level; AND
- 2 years progressive administrative/supervisory experience
- Teaching or administrative experience at the baccalaureate level
- Demonstrated experience in student recruitment
- Demonstrated experience in faculty recruitment and supervision
- Administrative experience at the baccalaureate level
- Collaborative working style
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations from a broad range of backgrounds.
- History of professional and community activities.
- Bilingual especially in Spanish and English.
- Awareness of own cultural values and biases.