English Composition Assistant Professor - Tenure Track
The instructor will teach courses in English Composition (Expository Writing, Argumentation and Persuasion, Technical Writing, Writing for the Workplace); possible oversight of college writing center. Participation in departmental curricular assessment expected, as well as advising and committee service.
- Master's degree in English, English Composition, or Rhetoric
- 2 years of college teaching experience
- PhD in English, English Composition, or Rhetoric
- Experience teaching at the community college level
- Experience performing curricular assessments
- Experience administering writing centers
- Demonstrated ability to serve the needs of students who represent a broad spectrum of ages, abilities, ethnicity, education and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with peers
- Experience advising students
- Demonstrated ability to participate in professional and community service activities
- Bilingual especially in Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of people and values diversity.
- Awareness of own cultural values and biases.
Centralia College has a strong institutional commitment to the principles of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we strongly urge all qualified applicants, especially people of color, persons of disability, women, and disabled and Vietnam era veterans, to apply. Centralia College is an Equal Opportunity employer.
It is the policy of Centralia College to assure equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age (over 40), religion, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, or status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran.
Centralia College does not discriminate in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs or activities. Designated Title II, VI, VII, IX, Section 504, ADA compliance officer: Vice President for Human Resources and Legal Affairs, Hanson Hall Room 101, Centralia College, 600 Centralia College Blvd, Centralia WA 98531-4099, (360)623-8943.
The Human Resources Office is accessible for persons with disabilities. Those who need disability accommodation in the application/employment process, please call (360)623-8943.