Position: Technical Director
Division: Academic Affairs
Nature of Work
• Maintenance of the Theatre Department Scene Shop.
• Maintain a safe work environment for students, faculty, staff working in the scene shop.
• Maintain budget for scenery for all productions.
• Coordinate and build scenery for a five show season.
• Mentor, train, supervise and oversee students in the scene shop.
• Lift and transport heavy, tall, and potentially awkward scenery, furniture, equipment.
• Attend department meetings as needed.
• Attend committee meetings as assigned.
Candidates must have an MA, MS or MFA in theatre. Knowledge of Vectorworks is a must. Salary is commensurate with experience. Must successfully pass a credit check for the pCard responsibilities.
Ability to work collegially and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds and whose experience can contribute to the diversity and excellence to the university.
Ability to teach 1-2 sections of Stagecraft.
Ability to mentor sound design students is desirable.
Design opportunities in multiple areas may also be available.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
Must be able to use all equipment and able to lift 50 pounds.
Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
04/10/2018 – 05/01/2018
Required Documents: Resume, cover letter
Optional Documents: Up to three letters of reference, unofficial transcript, portfolio of work, curriculum vitae