Regional Administrative Assistant
Regional Team Coordination
- Serve as an effective conduit, connecting regional team members to the DU campus, advancement partners, and each other. As a front-line resource to regionally-based team members, manage incoming questions, requests, and needs and see them through to conclusion.
- Assist with event logistics and serve as a connection between the campus-based events team and the regions.
- Manage regional conference room and office reservations for campus-based team members traveling outside of Denver.
- Facilitate and participate in regular team meetings, including virtual meetings and quarterly in-person visits to Denver.
- Creates and delivers high-quality professional reports, presentations, and other documents for internal and external audiences.
- Serves as a strong liaison and provides excellent customer service to University leadership, advancement staff, campus colleagues, alumni, donors, and others.
- In partnership with the Advancement Operations team, prepare expense reports and reimbursement requests on behalf of the Regional Advancement team.
- Assists in tracking departmental expenses and researches/ troubleshoots as necessary.
- Serves as a knowledgeable resource for applicable purchasing policies and procedures.
- Organize and facilitate trainings, meetings, and small events as needed.
- Research and prepare reports on specific topics (e.g., benchmarking/best-practices at other institutions, donors/alumni, giving histories/constituent information, etc).
- Provide limited project and administrative support to other advancement professionals.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- An understanding and attitude of customer service; ability to be very flexible and adapt to change.
- Must be able to manage time well, particularly while managing competing priorities and working with individuals in multiple time zones.
- Must be able to work independently and as a part of a group.
- Willingness to take initiative, keep a positive attitude, and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Adept at problem-solving, critical thinking, and using judgment in situations that that require sensitivity and tact.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 3 years of experience in a fast-paced office environment.
- Experience working in higher education, non-profit, or healthcare.
- Experience supporting a multi-site/regional organization.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Monday, April, 16, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.