Lynn University is an independent, innovative college based in warm, sunny Boca Raton, Florida. We're consistently recognized by The Chronicle of Higher Education as a "Great College to Work For" in such areas as compensation and benefits; work/life balance; job satisfaction; and respect and appreciation.
Our nearly 3,000 students hail from approximately 100 countries and nearly all 50 states, making Lynn one of the top five most international schools for our size. Our campus is a melting pot of cultures and beliefs, and we pride ourselves on our ability to embrace new ideas.
As a Lynn employee, you'll be free to think differently. You'll enjoy on-campus events and workshops that aim to reduce stress and celebrate community. And most importantly, you'll be doing your part to build a better future.
Lynn is currently accepting applications for the position of Data Analyst. The Data Analyst will provide technical support for the Office of Development and Alumni Affairs in the areas of data management, reporting, and digital communications to support the departments' day to day operations. The data analyst must have a solid understanding of donor management and experience with database records and donor database management (Raiser's Edge), Crystal and SQL reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Data and report management:
- Manages Raiser's Edge system/donor database, including maintenance, global changes, gift entry, and data cleanup projects.
- Efficiently produces queries and reports, including those used to generate alumni and donor communications, mailing lists, acknowledgments and invoices to provide relevant data for analysis and operations in the following areas:
- Annual Giving programs
- Major gifts and Planned Giving
- Annual appeals
- Ad hoc research
- Donor proposals
- Grants and prospective donor engagement
- Create and maintain appeals
- Create exception reports and implement best practices for maintaining accuracy and integrity of prospect and donor data
- Oversees data entry into the Raiser's Edge donor database, production of gift acknowledgments and updates of fields and codes.
- Operate data bridges to import/export data between Raisers Edge and other applications
- Initiates record correction and data clean-up projects
- Track performance and customized URLs for reporting purposes.
- Monitor communication performance, CTR, open rates and opt out reports.
- Ensure accurate tracking and evaluation of digital and web communication strategies using Raisers Edge and NetCommunity.
- Work with the Annual Giving team to manage donor and prospective donor communications, including pushing emails and list segmentation for various channels
- Manage content updates for online communications and any technical requirements
- Oversees the processes of the flow of information between Net Community and The Raiser's Edge
- Other department support
- Oversees the development of the policy/procedures manual as well as a training manual to guide and educate various Raiser's Edge users to improve the flow of information, processing, and overall database efficiency.
- Provides training as needed for all of The Raiser's Edge users on campus
- Manages the planning and implementation of data management for RID projects and activities
- Serve as a liaison between Development and Alumni Affairs and Information Technology and Data Governance Committee
- Oversees the data process for creating and maintaining records with current information received from various sources, such as Direct Mail, Admission, Registrar, Ticket Office, Athletics, Calling Program and Data Enrichment services.
- Maintain new user accounts and oversee general group security of The Raiser's Edge product suite in collaboration with IT
- Request and validates upgrades and patches to The Raiser's Edge product suite through collaboration with the IT department
- Works with vendors to negotiate contracts and data management services. Process expenditures related to data services.
- Oversees data entry activities for the Data Entry Coordinator.
- Experience with Blackbaud's products, including The Raiser's Edge and Blackbaud NetCommunity.
- Experience with reporting tools: Crystal Reports and Microsoft SQL reports
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years related experience and/or traning; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
Lynn University is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy or parenting status, veteran status, retirement status, or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431; via email at [email protected]; by phone at +1 561-237-7727 or to the U.S. Dept. of Education OCR.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate, masters and doctoral degrees. Contact the SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2016 Lynn University 08/16.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreport
For your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.