Web Developer - Intermediate
Position: Web Developer - Intermediate
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: eCore Center
Nature of Work
Design, develop, and deploy highly functional custom web applications. Administer web services and Content Management System (CMS). Evaluate, install and support third-party web applications to support web presence and the operational processes of administrative and staff organizations. Design, develop and support DevOp processes for administering web servers. Serve as the lead for web application problem management processes as well as the change management process for development
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT or related field
- 3+ years’ experience with developing websites and web applications.
- Working knowledge of MySQL and relational database design.
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux and Apache web servers.
- Knowledge of source control systems such as Git and Sourcetree.
- Knowledge of modern web semantic and accessibility standards such as W3C and ARIA.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to organize and execute a project using basic project management techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse constituency. Excellent writing skills and solid command of the written English language.
- Strong, professional team player who can communicate, collaborate and influence effectively with stakeholders at all levels of our organization.
- Ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and quickly implement solutions.
- Higher Education Experience
- Familiarity with (OOP) Object-Oriented Programming PHP
- Experience responding to real-time cybersecurity incidents
$52,056.00(minimum) - $65,676 (midpoint)
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The ability to lift 40 lbs and relocate or handle desktop computer peripherals. This position is expected to comply with the University’s standard working hours. In addition, this position must be available outside of normal working hours, including nights and weekends, to complete routine system maintenance, or respond to emergency system outages. Limited travel as well.
Notice to Applicants
Please be advised that should you be recommended for a position, the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.
03/20/2018 – 04/09/2018
- Required Documents: Resume, cover letter
- Optional Documents: up to three letters of reference