Accounts Payable Coordinator
Administer the accounts payable function.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interacts with Purchasing Office, student organization treasurer, Office of Student Financial Services, Human Resources, faculty and staff budget managers and other employees regarding AP needs.
• Reviews input of invoices, requisitions, etc. for proper authorization and accounting data assignment and enter into BANNER automated system for payment.
• Produce weekly checks and correlate with documentation for final approval. Mail or distribute checks after approval received.
• Process student refund direct deposit files.
• Works with Accountant/Student Loan Coordinator staff member to record monthly departmental charges covering services provided by the IT&S, Mail Center and other campus operations.
• Maintains BANNER system requirements for accounts payable function on a current basis.
• Maintains accounts payable files.
• Photocopies and maintains files of capital invoices for staff accountant.
• Identifies, photocopies and maintains file of non-sales taxed invoices for tax reporting.
• Maintains W-9 files and related spreadsheets.
• Works with Accountant/Student Loan Coordinator staff members on monthly corporate credit card accounts.
• Other Duties:
- Assist with walk-in and telephone inquiries as required.
- Assist accounting staff with basic accounting duties.
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Associate Controller.
Requires a high school diploma and experience in accounts payable working with an automated accounting system. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products required.
Other requirements include general computer literacy skills, good verbal and written communication skills and good interpretation skills. Excellent customer service skills.
Experience with Banner, Google Docs, in a higher education environment preferred.