Administrative Associate, Career Service Operations
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Job Description Summary:
The Center for Career Services is GW's central career services office supporting students and alumni in their career and professional development. Through personal career coaching, specialized programs, premier internship opportunities and connections with top-tier employers, they help students realize and advance their career and professional goals. The career services team is innovative, energized, and committed to creating a positive environment for student and alumni to discover their best selves.
Reporting to the Department Operations Manager, Administrative Associate for Career Service Operations would perform the following duties.
• Manages over $300,000 annually in funding disbursements for students. Oversees comprehensive application, review and stewardship processes. Serves as a project administrator for the student application process and timeline, evaluation process, communication and marketing efforts.
• Provides project administrative and technical support for the university-wide Career Services Council which includes representation from all academic career centers, alumni relations, faculty and students. Attends the monthly meetings and assist the 5 project teams of the Council to reach their objectives and enhance career and professional development of all GW students.
• Provides administrative support for Center for Career Services - coordinates and/or assists with assigned projects. Manages supplies and other resources as assigned.
• Supports the Center for Career Services special events and activities. Represents the Center for Career Services at university-wide events and activities. Serves on career services committees as necessary.
The position is based at GW's Foggy Bottom Campus in Washington, DC. The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Strong communication, documentation and interpersonal skills.
• Genuine desire to meet the needs of others.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative. Attention to detail.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents, such as students, staff of all levels, faculty, employers, parents, and alumni.
• Appreciation for, and experience with, working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Division of Student Affairs Family Administration Sub-Family Administrative / Operations Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 9 am - 6 pm, occassional nights and weekends required Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007130 Job Open Date: 04/09/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter