Grants and Contracts Coordinator - Engineering Business Services Center (A1800213)
Grants & Contracts Coordinator
Engineering Business Services Center
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Engineering Business Services Center at the College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Grants & Contracts Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Grants & Contracts, the Grants & Contracts Coordinator acts as the primary grants and contracts contact for units served by the Engineering Business Services Center (EBSC). This individual provides pre- and post-award sponsored project support to faculty and other researchers in a number of units within the College of Engineering. In addition, the Coordinator maintains responsibility for various activities associated with the preparation and reviews of proposals, monitoring and reporting of awards, and interacting with various funding agencies and collaborating institutions as well as University faculty and staff in performing these activities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Advise principal investigators in the preparation, review, and submission of proposals, by collaborating with researchers in the development of complex budgets and other materials required for research proposals. This includes ensuring that proposals are in compliance with University and sponsor requirements.
- Provide post-award support to researchers including:
- Monitor expenditures against budgets to ensure compliance with sponsor and University policy and procedural requirements.
- Prepare documents related to budget modifications, sub-awards, no-cost extensions, renewal funding, supplemental funding, and various internal and external reporting requirements.
- Liaises with Sponsored Programs Administration Pre and Post Award offices I in performing the duties noted above.
- Serve as main point of contact with various external funding agencies and collaborating institutions, on topics such as budget development, University policies and procedures related to fringe benefit and tuition remission rates, and grants and contracts processing
- Review and approve purchases on faculty grant, ICR, and gift funding.
- Responsible for the maintenance and oversight of the departmental chart of accounts in Banner, and the Engineering HR application system to ensure timely, complete and accurate appointments submitted by faculty and advisors.
- Assist faculty and principal investigators with the management of their research projects and accounts, including assisting with their personnel budgets and various appointments and other charges to sponsored research projects. Further assist in managing personnel budgets by redistributing appointments of principal investigators and research staff in response to changes in research effort.
- Oversee the account reconciliation process and ensure all account reconciliations are performed on a timely basis and necessary accounting corrections are performed timely.
- Train and serve as an ongoing resource for new Grants and Contracts professional staff as the EBSC expands it services; train and supervise extra help and/or student employees on the detailed processes of attaching the necessary transaction documentation to the electronic files used for reconciliation.
- Responsible for reviewing sponsored project expenditures and ensuring integrity, accuracy and allowability of transactions in accordance with project budgets and agreements as well as University and Federal guidelines.
- Assisting faculty in completing semiannual certifications; these confirmation reports are crucial to many of the University's interactions with the Federal auditors and Federal agencies' contracting and granting officers.
- Work closely with other research support team members in the EBSC to provide appropriate coverage during peak periods and during absences.
- Assume additional appropriate related grants and contracts duties to further the mission of the EBSC.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of progressive work experience in grants and contract management.
- Strong working knowledge of University of Illinois business policies, procedures, and financial systems.
- Proven track record of customer service and demonstrated ability to be result-oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communications skills, the ability to interact with a broad array of internal and external constituents, and the ability to concurrently manage multiple complex tasks.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Higher Education Administration, or a related field.
- Work experience in pre- or post-award research support, grant/contract administration, or related work.
The Grants & Contracts Coordinator position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by April 23, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison, 217-300-2193, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Grants and Contracts Coordinator - Engineering Business Services Center (A1800213)
Open Date: 04/09/2018
Close Date: 04/23/2018
Organization Name: Engr Shared Admin Services