Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist - Engineering Administration (A1800212)
Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist
College of Engineering
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The College of Engineering seeks applicants for the position of Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist. Reporting to Director of the Academy for Excellence in Engineering Education (AE3), the Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist researches and promotes online assessment and manages the operations of the Computer-Based Testing Facility (CBTF).
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Advises faculty members on the best practices for online assessment.
- Reviews submissions and assists faculty members with the development of online examinations.
- Researches the student and faculty experience via surveys and data analytics.
- Writes grant proposals to obtain additional funding for the CBTF mission.
- Collaborates with peer institutions about developments in digital assessments.
- Guides and supports the online assessment practices for the ZJU-UIUC Joint Institute and the City Scholars Programs.
- Develops a model process for acclimating new faculty members to the uses and benefits of online assessment.
- Manages all hiring, training, scheduling, and timesheets of the proctors for the CBTF.
- Tests new potential software for the CBTF and makes recommendations to the CBTF oversight committee.
- Assists with the creation and oversight of new satellite testing facilities.
- Resolves complex technical issues with CBTF testing, equipment, or facilities that are unable to be resolved by the proctor team.
- Liaises with Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES) as needed to ensure adequate accommodations.
- Coordinates promotional efforts to generate interest in the offerings of the CBTF.
- Trains staff on academic integrity standards and ensures compliance.
- Performs other, related duties to further the mission of the CBTF.
- Some travel is required.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in an educational setting
- Experience with proctoring examinations
- Supervisory experience
- Familiarity with campus academic integrity policies and Disability Resources and Educational Services (DRES)
- Master's degree
- Experience interacting with faculty in a service capacity
The Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist position is a full-time, benefits-eligible academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Applicants may be interviewed before the closing date; however, no hiring decision will be made until after that date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply for this position, please create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and names/contact information for three references by April 23, 2018. Full consideration will be given to complete applications received by the closing date. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Thurman Etchison, 217-300-2193, email@example.com.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Engineering
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Computer-Based Testing Facility Specialist - Engineering Administration (A1800212)
Open Date: 04/09/2018
Close Date: 04/23/2018
Organization Name: Engineering Administration