Working Title: Storekeeper
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 04-09-2018
The Storekeeper supports the operations of warehouses or stockrooms through a variety of activities, including inventory management and interacting directly with suppliers and customers to arrange deliveries. Performs various manual labor and clerical duties and data entry in support of the receiving, storage, processing and distribution of maintenance and construction materials. The Storekeeper compares inventory records against physical count of inventory; makes adjustments to or investigates inaccuracies. The incumbent prepares reports, and recommends options for defective or unusable items. May stock and issue materials or merchandise.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to lift and manipulate materials up to 50 lbs.
2. Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
3. Knowledge of customer service standards and activities.
4. Experience receiving and handling materials.
5. Interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively and interact with people of diverse backgrounds
6. Ability to read written materials, such as work instructions, safety procedures and material data safety sheets.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84303