Quality Control Inspector
Working Title: Quality Control Inspector
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Facilities Management Department
Posting Date: 04-09-2018
Facilities Management (FM) supports the University of Virginia's wide range of research, academic and patient care programs. With over 1,200 employees dedicated to excellence, Facilities Management is responsible for the day-to-day operation, repair and maintenance of U.Va.'s buildings, infrastructure and grounds as well as other University-owned and leased properties.
The Quality Control Inspector reviews and inspects the buildings on grounds with attention and focus on ensuring that high quality custodial services are maintained according to defined standards.
A successful candidate in this role will be able to facilitate change, communicate effectively, manage conflict, provide quality focus and leadership on a daily basis, and other competencies as deemed required by supervision.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must have basic reading, writing and record keeping skills.
2. Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and effectively and efficiently meet deadlines.
3. Demonstrated ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions.
4. Possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate information to diverse audiences in a professional manner.
5. Competence in adapting to changing circumstances and adjusting behaviors or actions in order to meet job requirements or new goals and objectives.
6. Sustain high levels of focus, detailed observation and objectivity for several hours/day.
7. Work positively and proactively as a member of a team, including providing support and training as needed.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=84299