Position Number: 10058678
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Campus Location: Dahlonega
Job Close Date: 04/20/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Painting Supervisor. This is painting work of a master painter level serving as a managing supervisor over the painting crew.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 19,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Painting Supervisor will:
- Supervise, assign, and schedule daily duties of all painters supporting over 2 million square feet of buildings.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be painted; paint interior and exterior surfaces with brushes, rollers and spray guns; May varnish, stain, seal or finish interior and exterior surfaces of all types; utilize, clean, maintain and store brushes, rollers, spray guns, compressors, scaffolding and other paint related equipment and hand tools; trim windows and doors, caulk cracks and glaze windows as needed; clean up work area, tools and equipment during and/or after job; protect existing structures, shrubs, fixtures, etc. with painting drop cloths during assignments and insure that painting project does not cause damage to area.
- Develop plans for maintaining serviceable painted surfaces in all facilities; inspects facilities and identifies painting requirements; recommends a holistic painting maintenance solutions for entire campus.
- Mixe paints according through the use of various paint charts.
- Perform related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of mixing and blending of various kinds of paints, stains, putties and muds.
- Knowledge of proper methods of preparing various surfaces for painting and finishing.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the painting trade.
- Skill in painting with hand brushes, rollers and spray guns, skill in use and care of tools and equipment.
- Ability to assign work, supervise tasks and manage painters.
- Able to evaluate problems with finishes and create a solution to resolve.
- Able to understand and carry out written or oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50 pounds; must be able to climb ladders up to 40 feet and operate boom lifts up to 65 feet.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED; Associates degree preferred
- Three years of experience as a commercial or residential painter or equivalent combination of training and experience to include working within a paint retail or wholesale business. Three years of supervisory experience. Must have personal cell phone and valid Georgia driver's license.
- Must be able to drive state vehicles and lift, pull, and operate various small power tools.
- Work requires bending and reaching overhead, squatting, and kneeling
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.