Mailing Services at the University of Colorado Boulder is hiring for a Materials Handler to join their team. This position will provide logistics for materials, packages, and mail for university faculty and staff, as part of a work unit within the Distribution Center warehouse. Responsibilities include campus delivery of materials, packages, and mail in coordination with outside companies including Staples, FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.; assembly and packaging of materials for shipment; inter and intra-campus delivery of materials; intra-campus delivery of library media; and making parts deliveries for FM Stores.
What your key responsibilities will be:
- Delivers materials and packages on campus in coordination with outside companies including Staples, FedEx, and UPS. Assembles, packages, and ships materials for campus departments.
- Inventories customer materials for packaging.
- Performs inter- and intra-campus delivery of materials and equipment. Makes intra-campus pick-ups and deliveries of media for campus libraries.
- Carries out the delivery of parts from FM Stores to campus worksite locations and Trades shops.
- Ensures adherence to all USPS regulations and work unit procedures.
- Accurately meters mail and records billing and recharge information in Pitney Bowes meter accounting system as required, as directed by meter line lead worker or supervisor.
- Performs the daily receipt, sortation, and delivery of intercampus and USPS mail as directed by distribution lead worker or supervisor.
What you should know:
This position requires a valid Colorado driver's license.
What we can offer:
The anticipated starting salary for this position is $27,660.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be supportive. Be collaborative. Be inclusive. Be Boulder.
What we require:
- Colorado residency
- One year of experience which includes warehousing, handling, shipping, receiving, storing, inventory, and/or distribution of goods.
- Must be able to lift items weighing up to 70 lbs.
- Valid State of Colorado driver's license.
What you will need:
- Customer service skills
What we'd like you to have:
- Knowledge of the CU Boulder campus.
- Experience working directly with customers.
- Experience handling mail and delivering packages.
Preferred qualifications may be used to further reduce the pool of applicants to those who are most highly qualified.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Please apply by April 22, 2018.
If you have technical difficulties submitting application information, please contact the CU Careers help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. All other job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact for this posting.
Click here to view Special Instructions and General Information for Veterans and Classified Staff positions.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting at www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
1. A current resume.
Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
3. DD-214 for veteran applicants.
4. If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
Please combine materials into one document and upload as titled: Last-First-13089.
Please do not upload references at this time. Special instructions and information for Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers:
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Boulder
Department: B0001 -- Boulder Campus - 10492 - Facilities Management
Posting Date: Apr 9, 2018
Closing Date: Apr 22, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
Position Number: 00108057