DIRECTOR - WOMEN'S AND GENDER STUDIES CONSORTIUM
JOB NO.: 93883-AS
Work Type: Staff-Part Time
Department: L&S/GENDER & WOMEN'S STUDIES
Categories: Communications, Editing, Dean, Director, Executive, Extension, Outreach, Public Engagement, Management/Supervisory, Marketing, Public Relations
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 93883-AS
Working Title: Director - Women's and Gender Studies Consortium
Official Title: OUTREACH PROG MGR III(P65NL)
Hiring Department: A489600-COL OF LETTERS & SCIENCE/GENDER & WOMEN'S STUDIES
Anticipated Begin Date: AUGUST 21, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $65,418 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
MA/MS in Gender Studies, Women's Studies, or related discipline required. PhD or terminal degree in Gender Studies, Women's Studies or related discipline preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
At least 7 year's professional experience working in the field of gender studies or women's studies.
Relevant Work Experience:
1. Strong experience in collaborating and coordinating meetings, events, and initiatives
2. Experience managing conference logistics, collaborative support, and program development
3. Digital and face-to-face networking and management skills
4. Fluency in working in an interdisciplinary context
5. Excellent oral and written competencies
6. A demonstrated appreciation for inclusivity and ability to work with diverse people
7. Public speaking skills
8. Serve as a resource to and advocate for Women's and Gender Studies Consortium (WGSC) programs, departments, and the Consortium
9. Experience working with budgets
License or certificate:
This position serves as the Director of the Women's and Gender Studies Consortium in the UW System. The Women's and Gender Studies Consortium directly serves students, faculty, staff, and administrators in all 13 University of Wisconsin Institutions. The Women's and Gender Studies Consortium is committed to scholarship, teaching and activism that benefit all 13 University of Wisconsin Institutions and communities throughout the state.
The Director will be required to have an office presence of 2-3 days a week, apart from work related traveling or scheduled time off. The physical location and mailing address for the office of the Women's and Gender Studies Consortium is: 475 N Charter Street; 3304 Sterling Hall; Madison, Wisconsin 53706.
Instructions to applicants:
Please click on the "Apply Now" button to start the application process.
For questions on the position contact: Aili Tripp, [email protected] or (608) 890-3890
To apply for this position you will need to upload the following:
1. Cover letter addressing your qualifications as they pertain to the minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience listed above.
2. CV or Resume
3. Three references who are familiar with your work, including your current supervisor: Name, affiliation or professional title(s), address, phone number, and email. References will not be contacted without advance notice.
4. Answer to the following questions in 500 words or less: (1) What is your vision for the WSGC? (2) What challenges and opportunities do you anticipate with the position? (3) What uniquely qualifies you for this position?
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Apr 9 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: May 7 2018 11:55 PM Central Daylight Time