INTERIOR DESIGN & ARCHITECTURE PROJECT COORDINATOR
Duties: Reporting to the Libraries' Architect/Senior Project Manager, provide Architectural and Interior Design support to the Libraries' Facilities Planning & Construction Office. This office works in collaboration with Facilities Real Estate Services (FRES) Project Managers, the Office of the University Architect and the Libraries' Financial and Administrative Services Office.
The Architect/Interior Designer will provide design and documentation support for projects that range from the selection of replacement furniture for offices, to being a part of the Libraries' team for larger projects working directly with FRES and with external consultants managed by FRES. The emphasis will be on student-focused spaces such as seminar rooms, group study rooms and lounge areas as well as staff offices and workspaces.
Job duties include:
* Assist with development of design and space planning layouts, select and plan furniture and equipment layouts, and signage design drawings using AutoCAD LT and Adobe Creative Suite programs for review and approval by Library Architect.
* Provide support and assistance to the Library Architect in management of a wide range of project types. Projects range from the selection of replacement furniture for offices and minor interior renovations to larger design and construction projects working with external consultants managed by FRES, with budgets ranging up to $18,000,000.
* Oversee installations and completion of furniture, finishes, punch list and project close out.
* Compile and maintain accurate space plans of existing conditions including furnishings/equipment.
* Keep drawings up to date for all of the Penn Libraries.
* Provide direction for Professional School Graduate student(s) in Facilities Planning and Construction Office as the need arises.
This is a one-year position with the possibility of extension.
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree and 0-1 year of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, are required. Minimum two years of design experience, including project management, in interior architecture projects strongly preferred. Higher Education experience is a plus.
* Strong knowledge of materials and specifications, furniture sourcing and vendor resources.
* Demonstrated understanding of coordination and integration of building services with space planning needs.
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize and resolve complex spatial and architectural design issues.
* Basic knowledge of Building Life Safety Codes, ADA and LEED guidelines.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically with senior administration, end users, consultants and contractors.
* Creative, self-motivated designer with good technical skills.
* Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail.
* Proficiency in AutoCAD and all Adobe Creative Suite programs, Sketch-Up, MS Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint)
Reference Number: 50-28404
Salary Grade: 025
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: Library Facility Planning
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: L-Engineering/Construction/Facilities/Maintenance