UK HealthCare Information Technology has posted the Data Architect role. This role will be held accountable for establishing strong credibility and collaboration with our physicians, customers, department leadership, affiliated organizations, and I.T. staff members. This is a highly matrixed organization which requires excellent interpersonal skills, persuasion and influencing skills, and the ability to lead and participate in large multi-disciplinary teams through significant amount of varied work assignments. The position will be responsible for development of the overall Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) architecture to ensure the data assets and capabilities of the EDW support the organization's needs. Responsibilities include strategy development, system and capability selection, data governance, data modeling, technical and data standards, best practices, and naming conventions.
UK HealthCare is a comprehensive healthcare system consisting of the medical, nursing, health sciences, public health, dental and pharmacy patient care activities of the University of Kentucky in Lexington, KY, and in several off-site locations. UK HealthCare is expanding through the construction of a new hospital and potential future acquisitions.
H3997:EVPHA Information Technology
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position include: occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects 50lbs and above; occasionally standing and/or walking with objects 25lbs and above ; intermittently sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing); occasionally being exposed to loud noises; occasionally traveling for work (less than 10% of the time); and effectively communicating both verbally and in writing with patients, caregivers, and staff at all levels.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. As an exempt level position, additional hours/days may be required to meet departmental needs.
The ideal candidate will possess SQL and Oracle experience; data modelling and data management experience; experience with data warehouse design and implementation; exceptional communication (written and verbal) skills; team leadership skills; high attention to detail; and the ability to make complex decisions and analysis.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Master's degree and 6-7 years' experience in Information Technology data management preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please describe a project where you had to develop a data model based on business needs. What were the barriers to success? What did you do to overcome the barriers?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe an experience working with database management and data modeling.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter