Position Number 2695
Position Classification Title Administrative Support Assc
Functional Title Office Manager
Position Type Staff
POSITION IS PERMANENT PART-TIME, .50FTE (20 hours/weekly)
The purpose of this position is to provide support to Faculty, manage day-to-day office functions, and record keeping for the Department of English.
Position provides administrative support for the Director of College Writing, the Director of English Education, and office management for the main departmental office.
Office management duties includes keeping track of supplies; preparing schedule charts at the beginning of each semester; preparing course descriptions for advising center; setting up online student evaluations for WEB-based courses; keeping teaching evaluations and personnel files up to date; serving as Department Technical Coordinator and building contact for the department; providing administrative support for the English Graduate Student Association and Sigma Tau Delta.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA OR EQUIVALENCY; OR DEMONSTRATED POSSESSION OF THE COMPETENCIES NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE WORK.
- Five years experience working in an office and/or customer service environment.
- Bachelor's degree in English preferred
If no applicants apply who meet the required competency level and training & experience requirements, then management may consider other applicants. Salary would be determined based on competencies, equity, budget, and market considerations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants are required to upload a list of at least three (3) professional references that includes:
- Company Name,
- Type of reference (Professional, Supervisor, Colleague, Academic, or Personal). One (1) of those references will need to be a current or previous supervisor.
- Email Address
- Contact Phone Number
Recruitment Range $14,874 - $17,097
Org #-Department English - 12207
Work Hours of Position 12:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M., Monday-Thursday
Job Family Administrative and Managerial
Competency Level Journey
Open Date 04/09/2018
Close Date 04/23/2018
Job Close Date
Salary Grade Equivalency 59
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Writing Sample(s)
- Reference Letter 1
- Reference Letter 2
- Reference Letter 3
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Have you graduated from high school or received a GED?
- * Describe your experience in providing customer service (in person, telephone, virtual) to a varied customer base.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate how you learned of the vacant position for which you are applying:
- UNCGjobsearch Website
- Piedmont Triad Area Newspaper
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Inside Higher Ed
- Other professional journal / website
- UNC School System Job Board
- Personal Networking
- If you selected "Other", please provide the name of the resource here.
(Open Ended Question)
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu