Research Associate-Fixed Term
The laboratory of N. Cecilia Martinez-Gomez at Michigan State University is seeking a Research Associate (postdoctoral) to characterize lanthanide-dependent enzymes using biochemical approaches.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform deep sequencing studies and deep mutational scanning on lanthanide-dependent alcohol dehydrogenases;
- Develop transcriptomic analysis;
- Develop metabolomics analysis;
- Present data on one national/international conference per year;
- Write manuscripts;
- Mentor one undergraduate student.
Doctorate -Microbiology, Biochemistry, or EngineeriMinimum Requirements
Applicants should have a Ph.D. in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or Engineering.
The candidate should have:
- Strong written communication skills, and is expected to write manuscripts
- Experience in transcriptomics, enzyme purification, and biochemical protein characterization
- Ability to develop the project independently
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to mentor one undergraduate student while developing the project
Experience in Tn-sequencing and deep mutational scanning is desired.Required Application Materials
Please submit a CV and two references. Submit application materials to: http://careers.msu.edu.Special Instructions
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.