Setup Crew Member
Schedule Information: M - F 7am to 3:30pm
Hours Per Week: 40
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. Employee may be required to wear respiratory protection, hearing protection and other personal protective equipment on a daily basis. Overtime and evening work required.
Duties of Position:
Responsible for all campus set-ups and breakdowns for events, meetings, and classrooms. Move furniture, equipment, supplies, and any other items as required. Clean and maintain all campus buildings and premises, which include offices, restrooms, classrooms and common areas. Responds to emergency situations for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns within or outside normal working hours. Must be able to work shift work, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Sets-up meeting rooms. Sets up different stages and pipe/drape configurations for events and shows.
- Moves furniture and boxes throughout the main college campus and satellite campuses and other properties Maintains college premises
- Serving washrooms
- Provide emergency clean up of spills, flooding & catastrophic events
- Sweeping or mopping floors and stairs
- Emptying and compacting trash
- Cleaning windows
- Removing snow in assigned areas
- Collecting, bailing and staging cardboard for recycle
- Collecting and staging recycle containers across the main College campus, satellite campuses and other properties. Installation, adjustment and correction of internal signing
- Daily cleaning and sanitizing of College Child Care facility
- Maintaining set-up and moving equipment
- Ensure return of set-up and custodial equipment to appropriate storage areas
- Report items requiring more extensive repair to supervisor
- Performs general security duties
- Locking and unlocking doors of meeting rooms as assigned
- Turning lights on and off
- Report any unusual circumstances to supervisor, including security violations
- Inspects area of responsibility for any unsafe conditions or safety hazards that may lead to injury
- Take appropriate action to correct unsafe condition
- Report unsafe condition to supervisor
- Follow appropriate safety procedures when performing all duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Educational Requirements: High school graduate or equivalent required.
Experience Requirements: Prior custodial experience required with some knowledge or training in custodial services, maintenance, and grounds-keeping. Valid Illinois Drivers License. Forklift certification required.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before 23, 2018
Required Documents: ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.