William & Mary invites qualified applicants to apply for the Administrative Coordinator position.
The Administrative Coordinator is an integral member of the University Marketing and Advancement Communications (UMAC) team in the office of university advancement. The position provides excellent service with a high level of support to the Associate Vice President for University Marketing & Advancement Communications & Chief of Staff (AVP) by coordinating a multitude of responsibilities pertinent to the effective operation of the department.
- Providing direct administrative and office support for the AVP and department including managing calendars, preparing correspondence and presentation materials, arranging travel and meeting logistics.
- Managing building & facilities issues; providing storage unit access and maintaining on and off-site inventories and archiving according to university policies and procedures.
- Assist in the management of the University Marketing & Advancement Communications operating budgets, from budget reporting and reconciliation, to invoicing and reimbursement processing, and posting of financial transactions.
- Serving as project manager for projects and special assignments for UMAC and providing research assistance on a wide variety of projects.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Working knowledge of general accounting principles and financial management.
- Working knowledge of successful office practices and protocols with the ability to maintain efficient and effective office operations, identify areas of improvement and anticipate the needs of the office.
- Excellent administrative skills with demonstrated proficiency in proofreading and editing complex documents with careful attention to detail and accuracy. Strong planning skills, with familiarity of event or travel coordination.
- High degree of computer proficiency in a variety of software applications, including MS Office (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access) and web-based applications and databases.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects/activities in a dynamic fast pace environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to work independently, taking an appropriate level of initiative, to interpret, apply, and explain policies and procedures, think strategically and exercise sound judgment when making logical, defensible decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation and the ability to gain credibility and trust in a business setting. Demonstrated ability to interact and collaborate effectively with a diverse client/customer base, external partners in a collegial, while exercising discretion with highly confidential matters in a sensitive manner with tact, respect, and courtesy.
- Excellent organization and time management skills, with demonstrated ability to produce accurate and error-free work, while adapting to an ever-changing environment that has multiple and competing priorities with specific deadlines.
- Demonstrated flexibility, with the ability to modify own working style, approach, or methodology to fit new/changing circumstances.
- Experience in support of an agency or department head.
- Experience with fiscal transactions or performing accounting related duties. (e.g., processing invoices, reimbursements, reconciliation).
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Experience managing projects and resources from conception to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field.
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP).
- Knowledge of or familiarity with fundraising.
- Working knowledge of Commonwealth of VA State and university policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Banner Finance, and Discoverer reporting (financial system).
- Knowledge of e-VA (Commonwealth of VA procurement system).
- Working knowledge of inventory tracking.
- Strong analytical, computational and quantitative skills, with the ability to extract and analyze data, produce reports in a variety of formats.
- Familiarity with Advance or a similar fundraising database.
- Familiarity with ActiveCollab or similar project management software.
- Substantive experience with fiscal support administration, managing multiple budgets, and tracking and projecting expenditures.
- Experience in higher education and/or non-profit fundraising is a plus.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.